Which HMI + PLC is Right for You?
Both Maple HMI + PLC series are Class 1, Division 2, support high-speed counters and timers, provide serial and Ethernet communications, and let you choose either Native Ladder or IEC programming. Both series are programmed using Maple's MAPware-7000 software, which allows you to have web server functionality, data logging, recipes, graphs, alarms, trending, create objects with multiple tasks, and more. For more information on MAPware7000, download a demo version or read more about its features on the product pages.
When deciding on which Maple Systems HMI + PLC series to choose, I/O and display size are the key differentiators and factors. Consider how many inputs (analog/digital) and outputs (analog/digital) your program requires. Refer to the I/O module tables to determine which I/O module (or modules) best meet your requirements. Do you need separate analog and digital modules, or would a module with BOTH analog and digital best meet your needs? How many I/O points will you need? It is important to remember that the I/O modules are not interchangeable between the two series.
- 4.3" and 7.0" touchscreen displays
- 3" Tri-color displays with key membrane
- Support for up to 5 I/O modules
- 15 fixed and expandable I/O modules to choose from
- Pulse Width Modulation Mode for digital outputs up to 10 kHz
- Analog inputs support -10 to +10V mode
- 4.3", 7.0" and 10.2" touchscreen displays
- Slim bezel design for a compact look
- High-speed counters up to 200 kHz
- Up to 160 digital I/O points
- Support for a micro SD card
- Expandable I/O modules that support BOTH analog and digital I/O in the same module
Once you decide on an I/O configuration and the required modules, you can then determine which screen size, or sizes, will support that configuration. How many modules does a particular model support? What about the speed of the high-speed counter? Do you need a micro SD card? These are important questions to consider when making your selection. Refer to the 3000 vs 7000 comparison tab above for more information on all our I/O modules as well as to see which series supports specific I/O modules.